Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Love It: Long Cardigans


First, let me be clear. I'm not talking about sweater coats (though those are cozy and they do have their place). I am talking about long, skinny, thin, definitely-doesn't-count-as-outerwear, cardigans. In case you haven't noticed, they are cropping up everywhere this Fall, and I, for one, have fallen hard for them.

I love them with mini-skirts and tights, I love them loose and flowing over a tank or tee with jeans and boots. I love them belted at the waist (skinny or wide belt, either will do), and I especially love them in neutral colors like grey and camel. The stripes on the J.Crew Forever V-Neck Cardigan ($95 in Merino wool) give this one a preppy, ivy league collegiate vibe, while others I've seen this season are definitively femme with delicate chiffon or ribbon detailing.

What do you think, shoptalkers? Will you be adding an extra long cardy to your wardrobe this fall? If so, which store has the one you love? Tell us in the comments.

No comments: