Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What's Happening: Girls' Night Out at Belk


This may sound callous, but there is an upside to this whole "recession" thing. Namely, how hard stores work to get our dollars. There's just something a bit enjoyable about how many parties, special sales, promotions, and deals we've had thrown at us over the last year. Don't get me wrong, I hate that retail is suffering, but I find a smidge of solace in the fact that I haven't had to pay full price for anything I've liked in what seems like ages. I might be buying a one-way ticket to the Devil's lair for saying that, but dang if I won't go in a killer outfit I bought on sale.

Continuing in the trend of wooing your wallets, Belk is hosting a Girls' Night Out this WEDNESDAY, September 23 from 5-8 p.m. During that time, they're offering 20% off all regular and sale prices, and individual designers and brands will be doing giveaways and special deals of their own (For example, luxury handbag line Brahmin will be doing a killer gift with purchase).

If you've been holding off on buying your Fall wardrobe, now's your chance to stock up on what's hot this season without having to hock your possessions to pay off your credit debt!

Gotta love that.