Monday, August 25, 2008

Online Finds: Vintage Swimsuit

Earlier this summer I purchased this swimsuit in red after seeing it on famed New York City blogger Julia Allison's site. It's vintage va va voom meets modern miracle material that sucks it all in for you. And it is, without a doubt, my favorite swimsuit I've ever owned.

Until 10 p.m. tonight Allison's offering a free white or purple version of it to two people who email her with the best reasons why it should be theirs. I'd start typing if I were you.

1 comment:

THECHARLOTTAN! said...

I'm elated to finally see the Fred Astaire suit showcased on Shop Talk. I do have to say that one of the more bold showcases of this very suit was one of Astaire's break out roles in Top Hat in 1935, the suit would make a quick return to the silver screen, when donned by Joan Crawford in The Last of Mrs. Cheyney just before she was shortly considered for the all too well known classic Gone with the Wind in 1939. Here it is again, a true masterpiece. Thank you again Charlotte Shop Talk.